Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blogging for Dogs - Donations complements of Pedigree

Just in the nick of time I discovered this opportunity to help a few homeless dogs, complements of Pedigree. I had just discovered a new Twitter user named Mikey and his blog, which is great, albeit a bit frightening - A) I always thought the dogs were on our side B) He looks a LOT like my own fur-child, Mac:


But I digress...

Pedigree is generously donating a 20 pound bag of food for every blog written, but the deadline is today September 19, so get busy blogging! It's a part of their Adopt A Dog program, with a goal of ending "doglessness" - the suffering of humans suffering from a lack of a dog in their life. "I Love Rescue Animals" lists the blogs who have participated so far, and there is a link at the end so you can add your blog to the list.

You can also help by becoming a fan of Pedigree on Facebook - they'll donate one bowl of food for each new fan until the end of 2010. You might also want to follow them on Twitter.

Many pet food companies make donations to help animals and humans in need, and Pedigree is one of the best. I could be my usually cynical self and just assume it's all a marketing ploy, but between the commercials, the Pedigree Foundation, their Internet campaigns to help homeless dogs and the good info on their site, I think they're pretty sincere.

This was possibly one of the easiest blog entries AND easiest donations to my favorite cause - Thanks Pedigree! And thank you to everyone who helps homeless and need dogs (and cats). Every little bit helps.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to post about this event! With the help of everyone we were able to raise about 8,000lbs of food!

    Two Little Cavaliers
    www.twolittlecavaliers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much TLC! Such an easy way to help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across to this page and I enjoy reading your blogs. I hope many people will support this cause to help homeless dogs.

    ReplyDelete